Galway Peoples’ Resource Centre
St. Clare’s Walk
Ph: 091 564822
Located in the heart of Galway city, the Galway People’s Resource Centre is an information and training centre. We provide information relating to:
• Welfare Rights
• Education and Training
Galway Peoples’ Resource Centre is a community-based organisation, which opened our doors on St Clares Walk in 2011, having moved from the old premises in Canavan House, Nuns Island.
- Galway Peoples’ Resource has two meeting rooms and one training room available for hire by community, voluntary and support groups.
- We provide administrative support and computer facilities for individuals and community/voluntary organisations.
- The Resource Centre provides a variety of services and has local branches of national organisations. Support groups and community & voluntary organisations regularly use our meeting rooms.
DACT Training Opportunities
The Galway Peoples’ Resource Centre has been selected to offer training and support to people with disabilities, under the national Training Options programme. This is part of a Disability Activation Programme which is open to people in receipt of a disability or illness payment.
The first round of the programme has been very successful and participants were presented with completion certificates by, Department of Social Protection, Minister Joan Burton.
We are currently recruiting for the next programme commencing in February which will be followed by successive programmes.The 12 week programme includes
- three (3) FETAC accredited certificates
- 10 days practical work experience
- Individual Employment Plan
- On the job support and Coaching
- Follow up support and Mentoring
- Assistance with workplace integration
- Advice on Employment Benefits and Entitlements
Participation on this scheme does not affect any of your Social Welfare entitlements
Ionad Acmhainní Mhuintir na Gaillimhe